Pennsylvania Expungement Attorneys
A Guide To Criminal Expungements
Once your criminal case has been resolved, you probably want to put the entire matter behind you. But your arrest and the charges against you may continue to present long-term challenges, including when you apply for work or attempt to rent an apartment.
You deserve to move forward with your life without the fear of past circumstances coming back to haunt you. The firm of Engle, Kauffman & VanHorn, P.C., has helped numerous clients in State College and Centre County apply for expungement of their criminal records. We will build a compelling case for your expungement.
Am I Eligible For An Expungement?
Pennsylvania allows expungement in the following situations:
- You were acquitted of the charges against you.
- The criminal charges against you were dropped or withdrawn.
- You have completed all requirements for the accelerated rehabilitative disposition program for an offense such as DUI, drug possession or simple assault.
- You received a pardon from the governor for your criminal charges.
- You were convicted of a summary offense charge more than five years ago.
- You are more than 70 years old, and it has been more than 10 years since the end of your confinement or supervision for your charge.
- A person with a criminal record who has been dead for at least three years.
Our firm can help you determine if your charge is eligible for expungement and file the formal petition. A lawyer from our firm can represent you at a hearing to see if the prosecution will agree to the expungement.
Clear Your Record And Get A Fresh Start
You do not have to keep paying for a mistake forever. Our firm’s criminal record expungement attorneys can help you with a drug charge expungement or other types of expungement. We work with clients in State College — college students and adults from the surrounding counties — on many types of criminal defense cases. Call (814) 234-8834 for a free, confidential case assessment or email our firm.