Post-Divorce Modifications And Contempt

Modifying Your Existing Family Law Orders

Generally, property division is final when a marital settlement agreement is signed or a final court order is entered. Sometimes you or your ex-spouse may agree to make changes to the agreement, or may have written the agreement with provisions to permit future changes. Custody and child support are matters that can usually be changed when there is a substantial change in circumstances.

Modifications in custody orders or parenting plans are common. As you and your children grow and change, orders or plans must often be altered. Child support orders may be reviewed based upon substantial changes in either parent’s income or unusual expenses.

At Engle, Kauffman & VanHorn, P.C., we can assist you in the modification process, whether you are seeking to make or prevent a change. These changes may be by agreement or by initiating or defending a court proceeding if your spouse does not agree with your desired changes.

What Is Contempt?

If a party to a signed agreement or court order willfully fails to follow the order, that person may be in contempt of the agreement or order. Our lawyers will review the agreement or order, evaluate whether there is an issue with compliance and pursue or defend your interests on a claim of contempt.

Contact Our Family Lawyers Today

For more information regarding Pennsylvania post-divorce modifications and contempt law, or to discuss your post-divorce modifications and contempt issues with an experienced family law attorney, please call our State College office at (814) 234-8834, or through our Contact page.